Sports Massage and Benefits of pre-event and post-event massage
Sports massage is a form of deep soft tissue therapy combined with Shiatsu, Trigger point and Swedish Relaxation techniques which can assist and prepare any athlete to increase their muscle tone, reduce the probability of injury throughout their training and ultimately assists in increasing sports performance.
Sports massage is also used as a treatment therapy for any sprains, strains and discomfort pre-event, during training and post-event helping the healing process.
Sports massage can also flush out metabolic wastes such as lactic acid that build up during training and avoiding athletes from experiencing a condition known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), which causes pain and swelling several hours after physical activity. It can reduce the symptoms of DOMS by up to 30% by improving blood and lymphatic system circulation!
Hence, if you are training towards a marathon, triathlon, or any other sports event, then it is highly recommended that you book in for regular pre-event massage plus post-event sports massage to avoid any lactic acid build up, cramping of muscles and avoid experiencing any Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
Benefits of regular Sports massage (pre-event and post-event)
- Improves and increases circulation of blood and lymphatic systems
- Reduces pain and discomfort whilst training
- Increase muscle tone & flexibility
- Prevent Injuries
- Increases stamina & sports performance
- Helps flush out toxins and lactic acid built up during and after exercise
- Reduces Recovery time for tired and fatigued muscles
- Avoids discomfort of experiencing Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)