Massage before or after running a marathon or special event
If you are planning to run or have just participated in a triathalon, fun run, marathon or any other sports event, then it is highly recommended that you book in for a recovery massage to avoid any lactic acid build up, cramping of muscles and avoid experiencing any DOMS – more commonly known as Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness.
What are the benefits of having a Pre or Post Event recovery massage?
Massage is specifically designed to help an athlete perform at their best & can be carried out anytime from two days to immediately before an event.
- Increase the circulation of blood to the muscles to allow them to be flushed & keep oxygenated.
- Help muscles to relax so the joints can be moved with full range of motion.
- Enable the athlete to focus on their event either by relaxing or by completing their mental preparations
Recovery massage is specifically designed to help an athlete recover as quickly & effectively as possible after their marathon or event.
- Helps flush out the toxins and lactic acid built up during the exercise
- Helps return muscles to a relaxed state
- Reduce swelling and promote faster healing
- Avoids discomfort of experiencing DOMS – Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness